Saturday, November 29, 2008

How Many More ?

Chennai is under water, my house is flooded. I cannot go home as my street had been turned into a mini Venice - reachable only by boat. Forced to stay away from home with my friends, I should be cursing and complaining. But I am not. Sometimes, life puts everything in perspective. The flood had affected my life in every possible way - schedules, comforts - but these are all but inconveniences to my life, and definitely not fatal.

Can't say the same thing about Mumbai. Nature is fair, whether in her kindness or in fury. Humans are an altogether different lot.

I refuse to offer my prayers for the victims - I don't believe there is someone up there listening. I will remember.

1 comment:

KK said...

Kandoth was at my place during the second day of the Mumbai tragedy. I don't even know what to say about it.

On the other hand, it takes an actual flood to make you blog ... interesting..